<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

The Things almost turned four today. I was definitely under the impression that today was their birthday. "Happy Birthday, One" I said as she came downstairs. She had a very sour look about her. "I'm not four, " she growled. "I'm still small." She held up her hands for proof. "Look at my hands. They're small."

Thing Two was even more despairing. "Today is your birthday, Two" I said. "You're four." She just shook her head. "Look at my foots. I'm still three."

"That's it, " I said. "I'm going to call the newspaper. I'm sure they'll want to write a story about two girls who had a birthday and stayed the same age. I bet it's never happened before. Will you explain it to the reporter when he comes?"

"Daddy, you forgot to give us breakfast," said Two. One was already rummaging through the refrigerator, taking matters in her own small hands.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?