<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 11, 2003

CUANTOS TRABAJADORES DEL GOBIERNO EL TOMAN PARA CAMBIAR UNA BOMBILLA?
(It only takes two, but you may not live long enough to see it.)

WEEK 1

Monday. I notice two lights out in my office and call maintenance.

Tuesday. I work in semidarkness.

Wednesday. A guy comes in my office and stares at the ceiling. “You’ve got two out,” he says. “I’ll have to send someone over." “Thanks,” I say.

Thursday. I work in semidarkness.

Friday. Different guys come with a ladder. He stares at the ceiling a while then mounts the ladder. He puts two post-its on the ceiling and climbs down. “What are you doing?” I ask. “I’m marking the lights so they know which ones to change,” he says.

WEEK 2

Monday. I work in semidarkness.

Tuesday. I work in semidarkness.

Wednesday. I call maintenance. “We can’t change them now.” A guy says. “All we have is the yellow tinted ones and your office is supposed to have the white." I look at the ceiling. White, yellow tint, a few ones with a pink cast. “Yellow’s fine," I say.

Thursday & Friday. I work in semidarkness.

WEEK 3

Monday. I call maintenance. “We can’t change them now,” a guy says. “Your work order calls for the yellow tinted ones and we ran out Thursday.” “Any color’s fine, “ I say. “I just need some light."

Tuesday & Wednesday. I work in semidarkness.

Thursday. Two guys come in with a ladder, and a box of lights. They say something to me, but it’s not in English and I don’t really understand. So I point to the ceiling and point to the lights. One of them climbs the ladder and retrieves the post-it. “Be right back, Boss,“ he says.

Friday. They come back. They change the lights. The new ones have a pink tone. As they leave, they start to snicker. “El pidio luces rosadas,” one of them says. They both burst out laughing.

WEEK 4

Monday. I notice that another light has burned out over the weekend.







Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?