<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

DREAMTIME

"Daddy, do you know what Zurg can do with his balls?
Good God, I thought. Where did this come from?
"I have no idea," I said. "What can he do?"
"He has yellow balls that shoot out from his hands. He can swing them and cut Buzz Lightyear in half."
I exhaled. "Oh good," I said.
"Daddy, it's not good. He could cut Buzz right in half."
"Right," I said. "That wouldn't be a good thing. Zurg must be stopped. Time for sleep now."

"Daddy, do I get to go to school tomorrow?
"Yes, tomorrow is Monday."
"Do we all get to go to school?"
"Yes, you are all going to school."
"And you get to go to work."
"That's right. I get to go to work tomorrow."

"But not Mommy. No work for her."
"No, Mommy will stay home."
"Why doesn't Mommy get to go to work?"
"She had to stay home to watch you girls before you were in school."
"But we are in school now. Can Mommy go to work now?"
"Now you are only in school until lunchtime. Maybe when you have school all
day Mommy will have some work."

"Do Mommies work with Daddies or do they work at home?
"Usually they have different jobs, not with the Daddies"
"Can Mommies stay home and work to clean the house?"
"Yes, they can do that."
"Maybe when we are big and in school all day, Mommy will work to clean up
the house."
"That's always a possibility. Good night, now."















Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?