<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 06, 2004

BUSTED, PART 1

Thing Two has a question that comes out more as a statement: "We are poor, aren't we Daddy?"

"Well, Two" I say, "that's a relative term. Do you know what poor really means?

"Yes I do," Two says. "No money left. Spent it all."

"In that case, you're correct," I said. "We're just about out of money. How do you think that happened?"

One is jumping up and down. "I know, I know," she says.

"What is it?" I asked.

One sweeps her arm majestically across the room, pointing out the expanse of stuffed animals, the piles of games, the mounds of books, the colorful plastic toys, the towers of blocks, the monstrous miscellany that has taken over vast sections of the house..

"Look," she says. "We buyed everything!"






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?