<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

WELL ENOUGH NOT LEFT ALONE

"Daddy, I really want to go to that restaurant badly," T1 said.

"It's in Chicago," I said.

"Can we go there?" T1 asked.

"No, it's too far," I said.

"They have good desserts," T2 said. "We saw them on television."

"We are not taking a plane ride to Chicago to eat dessert," I said. "It's out of the question."

"They have other regular food too," T1 said.

"I like plane rides," T2 said. "Don't you remember?"

"Of course I remember," I said. "But we are not going to Chicago for desserts or for regular food and that's final. Now good night."

I walked down the stairs to a chorus of screams and wails.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's going on? LZ asked.

They wanted to watch The Fairly Odd Parents," I said, "but I couldn't bear it. I told them they could only stay up if we watched something else. I thought The FoodChannel would be all right."

I'll never understand," LZ said, why you insist on getting them all worked up just before bedtime. Don't you know it's a school night?"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?