<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

FAMILY MAN

Since LZ has reentered the labor force, my own hiatus from the quotidian has been ended rather rudely. No more hiding out for me. It's back to running errands, back to the mall on weekends, back to way too much enforced contact with my fellow drones.

"I know you have a lot to do," I said to LZ. "I can help out with the Christmas shopping today, or babysit, or do anything whatever you need."

"Won't you be watching the Eagles?" she asked.

"How can you bring up football?" I said. "Christmas is coming. We have a lot to do. I'm committed to this family, not to a bunch of hopped up homicidal lunatics."

So off we went. It was typical, brutal.

And after a long day of shopping, we had a quick dinner, chased the kids to bed and sat down in front of the television.

"I'm exhausted, but still wired," LZ said. "I hope there's something funny on, something not too challenging, so I can just unwind."

"Oh," I said as I paged through the tv section, "look at this. Seems the Eagles play tonight; they're the Sunday night game. And it's just about ready to start. What a stroke of luck."


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?