<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

THE ARREST

I was sitting in the conference room. It was quiet. I started to read a magazine. Eventually the police came. "You'll have to come with us," one of them said, almost in a whisper. I didn't resist. They cuffed me and took me away. At the station I was put into a green room with a metal table and three metal chairs.

THE INTERROGATION

"What happened?" one of them asked.

"I killed them all," I said. "One after the other. I won't deny it."

"With your bare hands?" the policeman asked.

"Yes," I said.

"You must have been out of your mind with rage," the policeman suggested.

"Oh, not really," I said. "It was just one of those things."

"Were you on any drugs?" he asked.

"No," I said. "I quit a long time ago."

"That's too bad," the policeman said. "It might have helped your defense."

"Oh," I said.

"Well, why then?" he asked.

THE WHY OF THE INCIDENT

"At first, I wasn't paying attention," I said. "I try not to hear what is going on."

"So, you are not a team player," the policeman said. He began scribbling in his notebook.

"No, I guess not," I said.

"Go on," the policeman said.

"Anyway, the meeting blather began drifting into my consciousness. There was some plan they all liked. It was a "homerun." But first they had to "touch base" with the clients to make sure everyone was on the "same page." But it was hard. They'd been forced to "play phone tag." Someone said it was like "herding cats."

"And..." the policeman asked.

"And, I killed them all," I said.

"Was it the herding cats comment that sent you over?" he asked.

"Not really," I said. "I think it was that everyone nodded in agreement as if something profound had been said. That's when I knew they had to die."

"No one resisted?" the policeman asked.

"They couldn't," I explained. "It wasn't on the agenda, so everyone just sat there."

THE TRIAL

"I sorry," the judge said. "But "temporary sanity" is not a valid plea.

"Oh," I said.

'I'm giving you twenty to life," the judge said.

"No problem," I said. "I have just one request. Could I be placed in solitary confinement?"

The judge laughed. "They don't have solitary confinement where you're going," he said.

THE AWAKENING

I heard JC calling to me from the next cubicle. "Hey let's go. No daydreaming. You're going to be late for the afternoon meeting."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?